Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Scheduled

Robbie's surgery will be next Tuesday, March 3 at 11:30am.

The surgeon thinks it will be especially easy because he believes his stomach is still attached to the abdomen from having the G tube previously. He said he likely won't even need stitches and will be able to go home the same day.

He doesn't anticipate the lengthy recovery time of last time because Robbie's older and willingly breathes on his own now.

I told him I'd pack a bag just in case and he thought that was a good idea.

He sent us to radiology for a repeat upper GI to make sure his hiatal hernia hadn't recurred. If it has, that would obviously change things a bit, but hopefully it's just a 10 minute procedure with minimal pain.

I'm ready for it to just be done with now. I do feel a little more comfortable now that I've spoken with the surgeon. He comes very, very highly recommended and we had a really great experience with him last time. He even lead us all in prayer just before the surgery. But I won't truly relax until the surgery is over and Robbie is awake and well.

--Trish

0 comments:

Followers