Saturday, February 27, 2010

First Hair Cut

Another milestone in Robbie's life- his first hair cut.

A lot of people wanted it cut a long time ago and I resisted, saying that as long as it wasn't bothering him, it could grow. But it finally was. It was starting to fall into his eyes, so it was time.

Saturday, we headed to a local salon just for kids. They have car shaped seats, cheerful decor and a TV with a selection of children's movies to distract them. Robbie's Grandpa Robert and Kathy joined us and we crossed our fingers that Robbie would cooperate.


What? My hair is fine. It worked for Albert Einstein!




So far this lady seems alright.



Every boy needs a cape.



Oh.. Sesame Street in the corner!



Getting started...



Fashion your seatbelts.. we're taking off.



This car is pretty neat.



Okay. I'm getting a little tired of being messed with, lady.



Why....won't...you...leave...me...alone?


We briefly interupt the photography while we move the hysterical child to his mother's lap to continue the haircut.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Oh. Okay. I guess I'm okay. This car is pretty cool, too.



OH NO! THAT LADY IS BACK AGAIN! So, so sad!



Paci will save me.



No more hair on my collar!



But I've still got more than Grandpa!


All in all, it went okay. Not great, but the stylist was patient and while Robbie cried, he at least could be managed. It did definitely change his look, but because I didn't have her go super short, I think he still has a baby look about it, which pleases me. I'm sure it won't be long before people are pushing for still-shorter hair, but I figure he's only a baby once. He's got his whole life to be starched and pressed.




--Trish

0 comments:

Followers